The idea of being fit will keep on buzzing in human minds. Although there are a lot of options to gain the ideal weight, many are preferring cardio workouts. Regular practice of cardio can help you achieve your weight loss goal in a healthier way. And it is great to improve your heart rates too.
Some Cardiovascular Exercises To Do At Home
However, for many reasons, it cannot be possible to pay a regular visit to the gym and workout according to the instructions of your personal trainer. Thanks to indoor cardiovascular workouts, because they let you achieve your weight loss goals despite having any issues. To do the best cardio workout, it is not necessary to go to the gym.
There are a lot of cardio workouts you can do at your home with not much space. You also don’t require any equipment to do them too.
Let’s have a look at certain cardio workouts that you can follow at home.
1 High Knees
If you are not able to do the regular outdoor run, you can perform high knees instead. This is an indoor exercise that lets you run in a minimal place with the same effect.
Steps to follow:
- Stand up straight keeping your legs together and arms at your slides.
- Lift either one of the knees towards the chest, and keep it down
- Repeat the same with your other knee.
- Pump your arms up and down and do it all together as if you are running.
2 Air Squat
Air squats can help you to strengthen your physique and balance your lower body. This exercise specifically focuses on your thighs, hamstrings, quadriceps, and glutes, along with engaging your core.
How to do:
- Stand straight keeping your legs a little bit more than shoulder-width apart.
- Turn your toes slightly out and hands clasped in front of the chest.
- Bring your hips down to a squat position.
- Straighten your legs and return to the standing position.
- Repeat it with your chest lifted and without rounding your back.
It is a killer cardio workout that doesn’t require enough time to perform. You can do it without any equipment and much space, so it is great to do at home.
- Begin with a squat position, keeping your back straight and feet shoulder-width apart
- Bring your hands down and take a push up keeping your body straight from head to heels.
- Do a sudden frog kick and jump keeping your hands above your head.
- Bend your knees and land back.
- Quickly go back to the initial plank position and repeat several times.
4 Jumping jacks
It is the classic cardiovascular exercise that effectively reduces body fat and tones your body.
- Stand upright keeping your legs together and arms at sides
- Slightly bend your knees and jump spreading your legs apart and stretching your arms out and over your head.
- Jump back and lower down your hands to the initial position.
5 But kicks
These are just the opposite of high knees. here, you will raise your heels up toward the butt. It is a powerful aerobic exercise that boosts your muscle strength and endurance.
- Stand with your legs together and arms at sides
- Bring one of your heels towards the butt, lower your foot and repeat with the other heel.
6 Mountain Climbers
Climbing a mountain is a great exercise. But here the mountain is the floor itself. You may feel it is too simple to do but it is not easy as you think it is. It targets your complete body and significantly improves heart rate.
How to do:
- Stay in a plank position and ensure that you are distributing your weight evenly between your hands and toes.
- Keep your head aligned, hands shoulder-width apart, and make sure your back is flat.
- Pull the right knee into the chest as fast as possible.
- Do the same with your left knee while pulling the right knee down.
- Keep your hips down and move both of your knees in and out one after another.
- Alternate exhaling and inhaling according to the change of each leg.
7 Crab Walk
It is a fun and intense upper body and core exercise. It helps you burn fat and tone various parts of your body including the back, arms, core, legs, shoulders, and hamstrings.
- Sit on the floor and keep your knees at a 90-degree angle
- Place hands below the shoulders keeping the palms on the floor and pointing the fingers towards you.
- Distribute the entire weight of your body to your hands and legs and lift your hips.
- Move forward and backward with the help of your legs and arms.
- Repeat for 20 minutes.
Cardio workouts keep your heart healthy and help you boost metabolism. Additionally, with surprise, you can count dancing and swimming as cardio workouts too. If you stick to a regular cardio routine, it will definitely improve both your mind and body and that is the greatest benefit you can expect from them.