- The Box
- Team GET SOME
- Getting Started
- Members Area
- Find Us
We are lucky to add Rizelyx Riveria to our coaching staff. She is a world class Olympic lifter (2 x American Open, Gold Medalist in the Clean and Jerk and Snatch), a national champion, a national record holder and was TEAM USA’s most recent alternate.
Now she is our olympic lifting coach!
Rizelyx will run the Olympic Lifting program at Love. She will also provide personal coaching to all of our athletes who want to improve their clean and jerk and snatch.
The Olympic Lifting program will start on Jan 6th and will coincide with the opening of our brand new Olympic Lifting Room. The program is 3 days a week, Wednesday, Friday, and Sundays. Only 12 members can join this program so jump all over it!!!
- Wednesday Dates – Jan 8, 15, 22, 29 @ 730
- Friday Dates – Jan 10, 17, 24, 31 @ 730
- Sun – Jan 12, 19, 26, Feb.2 @ Noon
The program is $120! The first 12 to sign up win! Here is the link: https://crossfitlove.zenplanner.com/zenplanner/portal/sign-up-now.cfm
Please welcome her: @rizelyx
Members, a few important updates!
- Beginning next week there will be an Level 2 Class at 1pm.
- Mondays and Fridays will have a Level 1 class at 7:30pm.
- If you have not taken advantage of the mobility and gynmnastics sessions on Sunday mornings you should try them out! Mobility and recovery is crucial to everybody’s training so sign up and get supple! There is always plenty of time to work any specific concerns you may have as well. While you’re there check out the 9:30am gymnastics class. These skills carry over in so many aspects of training and can really benefit everyone!
Here is a quick list of news and notes:
1. The gym’s first session is at 530 am, the opening trainer will be there by 5am to open and get set up. Please use that time wisely.
2. There are now two LV1 options on Saturday 930am and 1030am.
3. We are now open on Sundays. There will be speciality sessions on these days. Unlimited members are free to attend these sessions, its a $20 drop-in fee for everyone else.
4. The 12 athlete per session cap will be upheld daily, so if you are not signed in or are on the wait list you can not participate in that session. You will be kindly asked to leave for that session time.
5. You may only come 15 mins before your session. This is not true IF your session is preceded by open gym time. If you do come early, be warned that you will be asked to stay out of the main gym area until your time is up.
6. Soooo you want to pick up HEAVY stuff!? The Strongman / Strong(wo)man sessions are for both genders. Enjoy keg tosses, tire flips, sledgehammer work, heavy walks and prowler fun!!
7. Can’t string together your butterfly pullups? Want consecutive MUs? The Gymnastics sessions are about advancing technically in gymnastics not getting a heart pounding w.o.d.
8. Here is the new gym phone number:
9. You may only attend 1, WE REPEAT, 1 session per day.
— Enough with the rules, tomorrow we are posting the fall seminar calendar!!
Welcome to the NEXT LEVEL:
Brendan Cottman – Jacquelyn Kakaleciak – Nick Perugini – Brandon Segal – Orin Clybourn (You are all welcome to attend Level 2 sessions)
Also welcome Raymond Cywinski & Nicole Lewis to our level 2 program! They are strong competitors and will make a welcome addition to the TEAM.
A few notes from your coaches:
The 4th of July class schedule is now up on Zen Planner. Check it out and make sure to sign in for class!
Also, beginning July 8th, there will be some changes in the AM and PM class times.
-AM classes will now be held at 5:30, 6:30, & 7:30 for all levels
-PM classes will be all levels at 4:00, level 1 at 5:00, and level 2 at 6:00
If you have anything in the Lost and Found or cubby area, it needs to be GONE by MONDAY NIGHT or it will be on the curb!
Just a friendly reminder from your favorite CrossFit Love staff!
Want to supplement your CrossFit workouts with endurance training?
Come join CrossFit Love at the Temple University track for CFE workouts. Workouts will be held the following Wednesdays at 6am:
May 29; June 5, 12, 19; July 3, 17, 31; August 7, 14
Register on Zen Planner to join the fun!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Custom Fit Meals: It’s been about two months since we teamed up with CFM. I must say this service has given me a great of help with my eating habits. Now I don’t mind cooking breakfast and love to cook dinner so that was never a problem. CFM took the thought right out of me eating lunch out everyday. Now I just pop open my CFM.
Check out the Sirloin Recovery, carnitas bowl, the taco bowl, and the other 120 rotating meals. For your first order use the code “LOVE” for 20% off.
Make sure your eating healthy cause its 80%+ off all training results!!
- Massages with Gina & Personal Training with Mischa: Sometimes, I think we fail to realize that recovery is super important to get the performance results we are looking for. Gina is hear to help. So get your body work done in house! There will be a weekly availability schedule on her door and you can pay for you session(s) right on ZP.
On another note..is your mobility causing performance problems? Can’t get into an effective front rack? Your ankles super tight? Have chronic back pain? Mischa can help!! Setup sessions with her through ZP as well.
Her weekly individual sessions will be on the bulletin board.
- Join us at Regionals:
Join TEAM CrossFit Love as we can compete against the best CrossFit teams in our region! Here are the details for the weekend http://games.crossfit.com/region/mid-atlantic/schedule
And the TEAM is staying out Metro Points Hotel if you making the trip. ALSO we want really want everyone in the gym to come support us! And wear BLACK CROSSFIT LOVE SHIRTS!!
- The 3rd Annual Memorial Day Murph: 5.27 @ CFL. 9am LV1, 10 LV2.
- Remember the Rules: Yes, we have rules. And yes, we believe rules are made to be broken, just not these rules. A lot of these are common courtesy and gym etiquette, but still worth mentioning. In the end however, we’re all here to work hard and enjoy ourselves. So do not screw it up for the rest of us! FOLLOW THEM: http://crossfitlove.com/the-box/rules/
NO COMPLAINING or your OUT!
- Cow & Pig Share: The details and sheets will be up on the bulletin board.. Give your checks to Dave and get your name on the board! I need more cow!!
- SIgn into your sessions: PLEASE & THANKS.
- Social Media: We want to create an online experience for our community that is not only entertaining but very imformative. Ask us questions, interact with your coaches, ask for advice. And shoot us all your videos and pictures so we can put them on this blog!!
Sports massage can help you be ready for physical activity and reach your peak performance. With regular sports massage, you can avoid injury and reduce your body’s recovery time, and perform your best.
Sports massage is different from a typical full body massage. The therapists will incorporate a wide variety of massage modalities and techniques to meet the need of the athlete. Each session will focus on the muscles used for a specific physical activity. It may be more vigorous than most massages, and could incorporate guided stretching.
- Pre Event: Receiving a sports massage prior to your workout or athletic event can loosen your muscles. By combining sports massage with stretching the muscles will be warmed up and ready for intense activity.
- Post Event: After the event sports massage can reduce recovery time, prevent muscle soreness and stiffness, and alleviate pain.
- Maintenance: Received regularly sports massage reduces the occurrence of injury, increases physical performance and allows you to perform your best.
Gina will be available full-time starting this Monday April 22nd. She will be available for:
- 30 minute sessions are 50$
- 60 minute sessions are 80$
- 90 minutes sessions are 90$
- packages are available; inquire with Joe, Dave or Gina.
To schedule a session email gina: email@example.com or book online through ZP.
If you have any questions please email joe or gina directly.
Please join me and CF Love in our Front St. Revitalization project, its this Saturday 4.13 at 9am, right at CF Love.
Our goal is to clean up the area all around the gym, front and back along with Front St. This is our gym, our neighborhood. A second home from some of you. Let’s make it look like that!
When I first went out in search of a coaching job I knew the most important quality to look for in a gym was the members. Although the owners of a gym have some control over the composition of the group, ultimately this is one attribute that is largely down to the members themselves. I’ve seen gyms with horrible group dynamics, places where people didn’t respect each other or the coaches and treated Crossfit like it was just another group fitness class. Luckily, when I arrived at Crossfit Love I was welcomed to a warm, tight knit family that was serious about Crossfit and passionate about helping each-other grow. We’ve since gotten larger in size however I still see the same camaraderie and dedication and I can’t be thankful enough to all of you for your loyalty and hard-work. In the past year I’ve grown a lot however my career as a coach is still fairly young. Working at Crossfit Love has been a crucial step in my development but it is not the final step. Although it will regrettably take me away from my second family, in April I will be leaving to pursue other challenges. I want to thank you all again for your commitment. I know that many of you continue to come to us despite difficult schedules, tight budgets, stresses from work, and countless days of extreme soreness. I know the sacrifices you all make and I’m honored that you have given me the chance to teach you. I will do my best to stop in from time to time to check up on you. Ultimately, I know Crossfit Love will continue to grow and succeed because it’s success is driven by its members. You guys are the best.
CrossFit Love is now listed as an official pick-up location on the Custom Fit Meals website! We are excited to have CFM on board. My sample meals were delicious and the large portions are all at least 1lb pound. The food quality is what we are looking for as well, no meats and chickens pumped for of hormones! It really is a perfect for us!! The first ordering deadline will be this coming Tuesday (3/19/13) at 11:59pm, with your first delivery will taking place the weekend of 3/23/13 (and those meals being available for pick-up on Monday, 3/25/13).
If you are an active CrossFit Love member you are welcome to try
1 FREE meal on the house!! Just email Joe >>> firstname.lastname@example.org for yours! The deadline is March 3.18.13
All customer orders are placed online at www.CustomFitMeals.com. This process is as simple as creating an account, building your menu, and paying for your order. There are NO contracts or commitments and orders can be placed on a weekly basis as needed. Orders must be submitted by midnight on Tuesday to receive meals for the following week of service.
Delivery & Customer Pick-up
Once a customer has placed an order by our (midnight) Tuesday deadline, their meals will be available for pick-up the following week. If the customer is unable to pick up their meals during the scheduled pick-up times, they may do so during your location’s normal business hours the following day. Any meals not picked up by the next scheduled delivery date will be discarded.
All meals will be safely delivered via our refrigerated and health department-inspected vehicles and then stored in our refrigerated cooler on-site. When the meals are delivered, a delivery sheet will be placed inside of the CFM binder at the front desk. The delivery sheet will detail the customer names, their shelf number, a delivery confirmation, and a place for them to sign for their order. When the customer arrives to pick up their meals, they will check in at the front desk and sign for their meals. The key to the cooler will be located inside of the CFM binder.
2nd Pick-up: Thursday 6am – 8:30pm
Also, here is a 20% off discount code your members
can use when placing their first order: LOVE
On Friday nights there are now 730pm on-ramp sessions! Get signed up now!!
On April, 20th bring your friends, family members and even your enemies to come train with CrossFit Love! We will meet at 9am at The Art Museum.
WE WANT EVERYONE TO COME!
Our team would love to see upwards of a 100 participants at this event. So I expect to see on-rampers, randoms, and friends! Bring your dog!
COME GET SOME!
Schedule Changes for Jan:
Tues at 7pm will now be an on-ramp session, starting this Tuesday 1.22.13
Schedule Changes for Feb:
The new schedule will be up by the weekend. Expect some changes!!!
01.18.13 @ 1030 a.m.
01.24.13 @ 1030 a.m.
01.30.13 @ 1030 a.m.
Sessions are limited to 6 athletes so schedule NOW!
Welcome to the January 2013 Whole30®! by Dallas & Melissa Hartwig, founders of the original Whole30® program
Welcome to the January Whole30®, sponsored by Whole9 and CrossFit Love.
The Whole30 is now in its fourth year, and this January event is our biggest worldwide Whole30 ever—thanks to the enthusiasm of gym owner Joe Petrusky, and the community he’s built here at CrossFit Love. Remember to check back here every day in January for awesome guest posts, recipes, and helpful hints from your favorite Whole30 and Paleo nutrition experts, and use this article on the Whole9 site to make sure you are fully prepared for today’s Day One.
Whether it’s your first Whole30 or your tenth, today we’d like to share with you our thoughts on commitment to the Whole30, versus perfection on the Whole30. There’s often a misconception that we expect your Whole30 to be perfect—the best Whole30 anyone has ever done ever. And that’s simply not true.
When it comes to the Whole30, there’s a difference between 100% commitment and perfection… so let us break it down for you.
Follow the Rules of the Program 100%
You may think this one is a no-brainer, but you’d be surprised how many people go into the Whole30 already compromising the rules. “I’m doing the Whole30… plus red wine when I really need it.” “I’m doing the Whole30, but I have two special occasions in the middle where I’ll definitely treat myself.” “I’m doing the Whole30, but I can’t give up my post-workout whey protein shake.”
These “small” concessions are a slippery slope—one from which your brain may have a hard time recovering. After all, if you allow yourself wine on those bad days, what’s to say a little dark chocolate wouldn’t help, too? And those “special occasions” mid-Whole30 can literally erase all the benefits of the program in one fell swoop—weeks of effort, wasted on one probably-not-even-worth-it meal.
Having “black and white” goals (no slips, no cheats, no excuses) are actually easier for the brain to process, and takes your decision-making out of “effort” territory and into “automatic” (translation: habit-building) territory. Following the letter of the Whole30 law will actually make your program easier, not harder.
In addition, you are selling your results short if you don’t give it 100%. Trust us on this—and if you don’t trust us, trust Whole30 veteran Anne, who found out the hard way that half-assed efforts yield (duh) half-assed results. And why would you put yourself through a program as challenging as the Whole30, only to reap a tiny portion of the rewards?
Need a Whole30 rule refresher? Read Chapter 18 in It Starts With Food for the full program details, or skim the basics on our website.
Don’t Pursue the Perfect Whole30
What? But you just said to follow the program’s rules 100%. What gives?
There are many reasons why you should commit fully to the program’s guidelines and rules—all of them. (We’re talking to you, scale addicts.) But that doesn’t mean you have to pressure yourself into the most perfect Whole30 ever. Here’s what we mean.
The rules are the rules. No grains. No dairy. No weighing yourself. No SWYPO. But we also offer helpful suggestions to make the program as easy as possible, and help you maximize your results. In our free Meal Planning Template, we encourage you to eat three meals a day, and minimize snacking. In our Good Meat Guide, we encourage you to look for animal protein sources raised in their natural environments, and fed their natural diets. In our Pantry Stocking Guide, we talk about finding pantry items with as few whole-food ingredients as possible.
But this doesn’t mean you fail your Whole30 if you have a snack, eat a conventional burger, or buy canned tomatoes with citric acid.
The Whole30 can be intimidating enough in the beginning. Just figuring out what to make for breakfast if you’re not rolling out your bowl of Kashi is tough! So if this is your first Whole30, be patient with yourself. You don’t have to be perfect… just follow the rules. If you find yourself cracking out on (approved) nut butter or fruit one day, no harm, no foul. Just realize you’re probably trying to satisfy a craving, and make a plan to do better the next time you’re stressed. If you accidentally ate something off-plan (despite your best efforts!), it’s okay. Lesson learned, either move on or start over—it’s up to you.
Follow the rules, but don’t self-impose perfection. Changing your life doesn’t happen in just 30 days, so think about this as “kaizen” (continual progress or improvement), not “flip the switch” to Paleo perfection by Day 30.
Stay Tuned for More Whole30 Resources
Bookmark this site, as CrossFit Love has gathered a veritable list of health and fitness “who’s who” to help you along your Whole30 journey. From all of us at the Whole9 team and CrossFit love, we encourage you to learn, share, and most of all, enjoy this life-changing experience!
Have a great Day One!
Okay members, here’s your chance to get your friends and family involved with CrossFit Love.
From December 24th through 28th, you can bring all your friends and family for FREE! No more excuses, they’re off for the holidays and its free!!
Yup. I said FREE.
And if a member gets two friends to sign up for a 6 month contract, they will receive $100 dollars cash!! This is valid to February 1st!!
Dec 29th PR Schedule |
9 am – OnRamp – Business as usual
10 am – Level 1 – Back Squat and Bench Press – 1RM Session
11am to 12pm – Level 2 – Back Squat – 1RM Session
12pm to 1pm – Level 2 – Clean and Jerk – 1RM Session
2pm to 3pm – Level 2 – Snatch – 1RM Session.
Come prepared. I’ll bring the smelling salts and espresso, but we will all bring the intensity!
"To feel strong, to walk amongst humans with a tremendous feeling of confidence and superiority is not at all wrong. The sense of superiority in bodily strength is borne out by the long history of mankind paying homage in folklore, song and poetry to strong men".
~ Fred Hatfield