- The Box
- TEAM CrossFit Love
- Getting Started
- Members Area
- Find Us
All daily CrossFit sessions are open to all levels unless tagged as Competition.
Comp, Performance & Fitness will be encouraged to workout together. Yes, there will fitness and performance level workouts provided for you in EVERY session. The athlete and coaching staff will scale the workouts, volume, loads and times accordingly. We are hoping this makes attendance easier, builds even more camaraderie and community, along with pushing you the athletes to learn and grow.
Sessions are still at 6am, 7am, 930am, 12pm and then 530pm, 630pm & 730pm.
If Olympic Weightlifting is new to you please take a few weeks or sessions to get downstairs to “The Chamber” or Love WLC. There are 6am and 6pm sessions available daily. For those just learning to lift, its a great environment to learn to lift correctly!
Learn to lift and then come back upstairs and apply it! LEARN & GROW.
If you have any questions about the schedule please send all emails to email@example.com
SIGN UP FOR ALL SESSIONS & SIGN IN EVERY TIME YOU WALK INTO THE GYM!
New platforms, new weights, new bars . . . . ohhh my!
If your interested in joining the area’s fastest growing Weighlifting Club then you are in luck! We are taking new athletes everyday. IF your a CFL member and interested in learning to lift please get signed up on ZP!
If your new to the gym, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday Open Gym
It’s back! 930am to 1130am EVERY SUNDAY! Come get some.
Halloween Party – October 30th ??? It’s a conversation were open to!?! Let us know if your interested in making this happen.
The passing of a season can bring a marked change in the weather, the surrounding environment and your workout routine! Here in Philly, we live to run to the shore, go on vacation and just get away from the hot and humid city! We love home but its our time to shine since we are typically nestled away for winter.
This Fall we are going to really truly help you get into a routine, goal set and stick to it!
Here is what are a few items of note for September!
- The entire month of September schedule is up! Plan your sessions in advance and stick to going to them! If you know your coming to 530pm every MWF then sign-up for them now! Planning = Success.
- We have put together a Testing Week Cycle. This will start this week. We are putting this together so we can better track your improvement rates and measure our programming more effectively. Come test your fitness all week!! This will be a quarterly given event, so it will be much better if you have your initial tests numbers!!
- 530pm Performance is back! People asked for it so you got it!
- Speciality classes are up! Weightlifting sessions 6 am and 6 p daily , Open Gym Weightlifting all day, plus Gymnastics now x2 per week, plus mobility and endurance sessions are now on the schedule!
- Our 2016 Competition TEAM meeting is set for 630pm tomorrow! Be there if you want to COMPETE on TEAM CrossFit Love in 2016!
- Open gym Sunday is back! 930am to 1130am!!
THERE IS MORE TO COME!!
ALL members are invited to tonight's 6pm session. We are going to "The Other Total" Max Efforts of: Power Clean, Bench Press, & Overhead Squat!! 6pm TONIGHT - ALL SESSIONS - COME GET SOME!!
What schedule changes?
- Open Gym Schedule
- Adding New Love Competition Training Blocks
- Performance 530pm to 6pm (we are TRYING this, we are always striving adapt and make the schedule better for all members)
- 30 Mins of Open Gym before & after 6pm Performance and before the 730pm Fitness (time for cool down stretching, Q&A, movement work, recovery protocols)
- Gymnastics – 30 mins on Thursday (potential to grow to 2 – 3 days per week)
- New Sports – We are going to make a very conscious effort to apply everyone’s fitness outside the box! This month it will be Soccer & Basketball! Get signed up on the bulletin board!
NOTE: THE AM SCHEDULE IS EXACTLY THE SAME
Below is an overview of our Open Gym, Love Competition, Love Barbell, and Performance time schedule changes:
|All Levels Open Gym||
8am – 930am
1030am – 12pm
8am – 930am
1030am – 12pm
8am – 930am
1030am – 12pm
8am – 930am
1030am – 12pm
8am – 930am
1030am – 12pm
|Love Competition Training||6am – 730am330pm – 530pm6pm – 730pm||6am – 730am330pm – 530pm6pm – 730pm||6am – 730am330pm – 530pm6pm – 730pm||6am – 730am330pm – 530pm6pm – 730pm||6am – 730am330pm – 530pm6pm – 730pm||1030am – 1230pm|
|Love Barbell (Olympic)||
6am – 730am
6pm – 730pm
6am – 730am
6pm – 730pm
6am – 730am
6pm – 730pm
6am – 730am
6pm – 730pm
6am – 730am
6pm – 730pm
|Performance||6pm – 7pm||6pm – 7pm||6pm – 7pm||6pm – 7pm||530pm – 630pm|
Why the changes?
The goal is to make sure that everyone is being coached at all times. Our top priority is to provide our members with a higher level of coaching and keeping people safe, we are committed to doing just that. As a result, open gym times are being limited in order to encourage lifters and athletes to be on the floor with a coach as much as possible.
Love Competition Training blocks are an opportunity for any/all athletes to work on higher level skills (MU, handstand walking, HSPU, etc) / throw down the Love Competition programming and a chance to watched by one of our staff. During these blocks a Love Coach will be walking around checking in on everyone that is in attendance during that time and throwing down with the crew. This is your opportunity to work on muscle ups, snatch and anything else you might have questions about and hit our Offseason training programming.
What we expect of you?
We ask that everyone takes a look at their schedule to make these times work. Coaching is a big piece of what we offer at Love and if you aren’t taking advantage of those opportunities, you aren’t going to get better. Everyone can benefit from taking other classes and services on a regular basis so we hope to see our athletes take advantage of that!
Gone are the days of walking into the back of the gym, not checking in with anyone and doing your own thing.
This week, our staff will be reminding everyone about the new schedule to encourage clients to be mindful of the session time. We are keeping things flexible for now due to the summer and everyone needs to get their sessions in. Starting Monday, this will be strictly enforced so please make sure you are well aware of the schedule changes.
Additionally, everyone must be signed in at all times. Please sign in using your Zen Planner Account before coming into the gym so our staff can track attendance. If you are having problems signing in, please email email@example.com and we will get you set up.
PLEASE NOTE: If you’re not signed to a class or training block you will be CHARGED a drop in fee.
PLEASE NOTE: If you sign up and NO SHOW you will be CHARGED a drop in fee.
**We have been VERY LOOSE ABOUT THE ABOVE. This is no more, if you are not signed in expect a call out.
Thank you in advance for your attention and cooperation in helping us provide you with a better service.
Schedule Note: The box will be closed from 130pm to 5pm today. We will reopen for the 530pm session at 5pm. Have a great day!!!
Hey CrossFit Love community! If you don’t know me already allow me to introduce myself. That’s me below, Erin Decker, part of the CrossFit Love coaching team since last June. I’m beyond excited to let you all know that I will be revamping and taking an active counseling role in CrossFit Love’s extremely successful NUTRITION PROGRAM! So expect some exciting changes!
I’m a Registered Nurse currently working on a cardiac floor. I received my bachelors, BSN, at The College of New Jersey (TCNJ) and, due to personal interest in overall health and fitness, I have done extensive research on the importance of nutrition and performance nutrition. Every day I work I see the devastating effects of having poor health and lifestyle habits. Everyone at our gym has taken that first step towards becoming healthier: CrossFit Love!! But NUTRITION is the crucial second piece if you really want to see results and become the best you!
I’ve been a doing CrossFit for almost 3 years now and while I loved it I wasn’t seeing much growth or results. Through Coach Joe’s nutritional guidance and workout programming I was able to make the transformation you see in the picture attached. I couldn’t be happier with the results I’ve achieved; I lost body fat, gained muscle, and made tremendous jumps in my performance level. And the PR’s keep coming!
This can be easy and fun! Please come learn more at my Nutrition 101 meeting (Date and Time TBA) and follow us on ALL social media to keep informed!
What can you expect from joining me and other successful members on our nutrition journeys?
– Better performance in the gym
– Flexible diet choices (there is no Paleo jail and you will not be forced to eat things you don’t eat)
– Individualized, 1:1 nutrition guidance based on your specific needs and goals via Google Spreadsheet Docs
– Community events (healthy eating challenges, paleo picnics, and more)
– Monthly meetings
– Recipe sharing
– Kettlebell Kitchen, convenient healthy food at its finest delivered straight to the gym
– Educational articles
– And most importantly: Support from me and your fellow crossfitters to help you reach your goals!!
I encourage you to check it out and get informed! This is your life and your health. You’ve got nothing to lose and everything to gain!
And you know we love gains…
Talk to you soon!
- You sign up for a re-occurring monthly purchase.
- Zen Planner charges your account on the 1st.
- And at the beginning of the month you get your supplements hand delivered with the ultimate convenience.
Starting May 13th, the staff and athletes of Love our off to The CrossFit Games Regionals.
Please check Zen Planner for daily changes till Monday!!
We are excited to drop all new CrossFit Love gear! Send your pre-order size and quantity requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then be sent payment instructions! Proceeds go to help the TEAM and Caroline with there TEAM Uniforms! All Styles are $30
THIS IS A ONE TIME RUN!! SIZES WILL BE VERY LIMITED IF NOT PRE-ORDERED!~!!!!
The Golden Tee
The Golden Tank
The Urban Camo Tank
The CFL Nation Tank
April is here and so is our new schedule!
Starting today we have added 2 Olympic Lifting sessions Monday thru Thursday.
Monday thru Thursday – Session 1 – 530 p.m. to 645 p.m. & Session 2 – 645 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday – One Session – 530 p.m. to 645 p.m.
Saturday – One Session – 12 noon to 130 p.m.
Sunday – One Session – 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Open to all members of Love as well as non-members. This group focuses primarily on improving the technical execution of the snatch, clean & jerk and related lifts. This program is intended to supplement your regular training regimen and improve explosiveness, strength, and coordination in addition to improving comfort with the lifts.
The Olympic Weightlifting Club sessions will be 75 minutes each session. Programming is focused on the needs of the group, along with necessary modifications for individual athletes, and varies weekly. In each session athletes can expect to snatch or clean & jerk, perform dynamic pulling drills, and perform skill transfer drills and other supplemental exercises for the Olympic lifts.
For athletes interested in more focused and/or more frequent training on the Olympic lifts, our expert coaching staff can design a program suited to your specific needs and goals, and the platforms will be available to athletes following those programs 7 days a week.
Have you meet our newest Olympic Lifting coaches Dan and Walt! Get in “The Chamber” and learn from the areas best! Individuals with no prior experience with the Olympic lifts will be required to attend Olympic Lifting 101 – our four session introduction to the lifts. Just ask about our NEW Oly Fast Track! Let our awesome staff help you be great!
If you have any questions about the new Olympic Sessions please email us at email@example.com
Monday thru Friday we now offer Fitness and Performance Sessions at 630 p.m.
You wanted it, you got it!
Our 4th Annual Philly Spring Cleanup is set for this Saturday, April 11th from 930AM to 1PM! This is a great way for you, your family, our members and our neighbors to get involved and do your part to keep our boxes part of the City looking its best. Front Street and Canal Street NEED our Love. It’s dedication like yours, along with the get some attitude that we need to meet our goal. We want you to join in on the fun Saturday!
Along with cleaning up the streets we are painting the downstairs a.k.a. “The Chamber”. We are going to combine two morning TEAM w.o.d sessions, with the spring clean up, a painting of the downstairs, along with a b.y.o.b. paleo potluck. Bring food, friends, and lets make it a great day for our community! .
Want to volunteer?
You’re the key to making this year’s Cleanup our biggest and best yet! We need every volunteer to help make it happen. Get your family, friends and neighbors to join you. We appreciate all the support!
There is no sign-up! Well unless you want to CrossFit then sign-up on Zen Planner!
See you then!
It's not too late to sign up and join TEAM CrossFit Love! We are going to have an awesome "Friday Night Lights 15.1"
Register at the link below:
Then sign-up under our affiliate CrossFit Love and under TEAM CrossFit Love:
This Friday February 27th, heats for 15.1 will kick off at 5:30 pm and continue every 20 mins through the night. You can sign-up for your heat time slot on Zen Planner. Everyone is welcome to workout, spectate, and cheer on our fellow athletes! This is a BYOB event so bring a cold one or two! Surely you can bring food, the kids, WHOEVER wants to show support!
Come cheer on Caroline at 630pm and Katie at 650pm OR come COMPETE against them! Remember sign up on Zen Planner. AND EVERYONE SIGN UP!! Any level athlete can compete during any time slot!
530 pm at CrossFit Love!!
We have a great sponsor for the event. Kettlebell Kitchen will be at Love serving its awesome treats and meals all night! COME HANG!
For Time: The Second Street Run – 50 Thrusters @ 95 lbs., 200 Double-unders
Rules: The teams will race through Second Street (little under a mile) and then back to CrossFit Love. Only when both athletes return to the box will they be allowed start to the 50 thrusters @ 95 lbs. They may perform the rep scheme in any manner they choose, with only one athlete working at time. After the thrusters, they will work on the 200 DU’s again with only one athlete working. Each athlete may only complete 25 DU at time, thus tagging their partner back in.
Points Available: The lowest official time will receive 1 point, the second lowest will receive 2 points. . . so on and so forth.
Location: Start – The Streets, End – The Box
Time: 9:00 a.m. – Heat 1 Start
- 200M Prowler Push @ 180 pounds (the athletes run as a pair, one athlete pushing the sled, one athlete running without, sled trade offs can occur at anytime.)
- 200M MB Run @ 20 lbs. (running again as a pair, one athlete runs with the MB, one athlete running without, MB trade offs can occur at anytime.)
*the sled weight given above does not count in the weight of the sled itself.
Points Available: The lowest official time will receive 1 point, the second lowest time will receive 2 points. . . so on and so forth. Points are awarded for overall time or distance covered at the time cap. The time cap is 3:00.
Location: The Streets of Philadelphia *
Time: 6:05 Heat 1
**A few other worthy notes:
- Registration is from 5:00 p.m. – 530 p.m. on Friday and from 8:00 – 8:30 a.m. on Saturday at the front desk.
- The Chamber will no longer be the site for Workout #2. That event will take place in the main room.
- The food and drinks will be provided at 1p.m. on Saturday. The beer will now be provided by our neighbors at Yards Brewing.
- Bring a close friend or family member(s). Feel free to bring those loved ones in your life who you constantly talk to this about. Have them come check it out! We will have a full pig, grilled chicken and fruit and vegetables for everyone to eat on Saturday.
- Kids – If you have kids that are at all interested, have them come try a workout Saturday at 1 p.m. Cassie, Christine and I will whip them into shape for 30 mins! We are interested in adding a kids program but were looking to gauge it by this response. If it is something the members really want, here is your chance .You can email Joe at joe.petrusky@gmail with questions and to RSVP them for this workout.
- Got a cool, chill dog? Bring them!
- Event #4 time cap is 12:00 mins.
- Feel free to bring food, drinks, or your chiropractor. All contributions are welcomed!
- In the CFL spirit, surely we are going to compete hard and compete to win. But I want the focus of this event to be more so about sense of community. This will give everyone a great chance to meet the other athletes you do not normally train with it. Kick ass, have a great time doing it but compete smart with future training in mind. Don’t sacrifice form for going a bit harder.
- Anyone who wants to volunteer and can at anytime before or during the event please email Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!!!
- Athlete member guests have free entry. Members who attend and do not volunteer or compete must pay $25 at the front desk when you arrive Saturday.
There are a few spots left to compete: http://bit.ly/1kPu3YI –
Its a great idea for level 2 couples and training partners… its not too late!!
On Thursday September 4th the Philadelphia Founders will take on the Miami Surge in their first and only home match! Lucky for us, the match is only minutes away! It will take place at The Liacouras Center on Broad Street on the Temple University campus. This is just minutes from Center City, Fairmount, and Northern Liberties.
If you’re interested in attending this event, sign up on the bulletin board in the gym. After we have 10 individuals signed up, we’ll host a giveaway of two additional tickets! Let’s get behind our home team and support them in their first match!
Wednesday August 13th, CrossFit Love and the mobility master himself, Nick P, will be hosting Wine-N-Spine from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Enjoy a night of spinal restoration and mobility. Paleo snacks will be provided and everyone is encouraged to bring in their own wine. Sign up on the sheet in the gym…but hurry! Only a few spots left!
To ALL members: if you have been storing your belongings in the cubbies, you need to take them home. They are not personal lockers, they are there for people to use while they are in class.
You must take everything home by THIS THURSDAY AT CLOSE. July 3rd. Anything left after that will be thrown in the garbage…not moved to a box as before…the garbage.
Take it home!!
“Fighters are some of the most well-conditioned and powerful athletes in the world. This is due, in part, to their striking training since punching and kicking with true power, speed and accuracy requires people to utilize their entire body from the ground up. As a consequence, striking is one of the most rudimentary and functional movements that involve the core.”
George Ryan, SWAT Team member and Martial Arts Masters Hall-of-Fame inductee, developed this program in order to help individuals increase their performance in CrossFit by combining it with a fighter’s striking training program.
Some of the many benefits to this course include:
● Achieve a fighter’s fitness level
● Add variety to CrossFit workouts
● Be able to throw proper strikes and combinations, i.e. punch & kick
● Understand the role of the kinetic chain and the posterior chain that
support athletic performance and fighting
● Increase the speed and power of strikes, regardless of experience
● Be able to teach proper striking mechanics to clients
● Safely run a training session involving striking skills and drills
● Teach an essential self-protection skill-set to athletes
● Effectively utilize shadow boxing, focus mitts and a heavy bag
This course will be held at CrossFit Love, 941 N. Front St. Philadelphia, October 18-19.
To learn more and read some frequently asked questions before registering, check out the link below.