- The Box
- TEAM CrossFit Love
- Getting Started
- Members Area
- Find Us
Well it’s that time of year again and we couldn’t be more excited about this year’s CrossFit Games Open at CrossFit Love. Some new faces will get to experience the Open for the first time. And many of our athletes will get to test themselves once again against CrossFitters across the globe.
We hope EVERYONE at CF Love signs ups this year! And why not? The one major change that should put everyone’s mind at ease is that each week you will have a “scaled” option for the workouts. And remember this is all about fun and the community. This is an experience we want all of you to enjoy!!
Go to games.crossfit.com to sign up ASAP. And remember to choose CrossFit Love as your affiliate. Once you do we’ll add you to the TEAM! We had over 50 athletes sign-up last year and we expect the same this year!!
This year we are going to have some awesome sponsors and prizes for you all! Progenex and Unbroken Designs are confirmed sponsors for two of our weeks! With more to come!
We will host “The Open” on Friday Nights and it will be titled “Friday Night Lights.” So unless your a highly competitive athlete you will have Friday Nights and Sunday am / afternoon to complete the workouts. If you need another time slot, you will have to a make an appointment with a coach so they can judge you!!
And yes there will be weekly prizes for the weekly scaled and rx’d winners!!
Here are a few more helpful links to answer all your questions about the Open. And of course your CFL coaches are here to help you too. Keep training hard!
Click here for the basics on the Open
Click here for what’s new in 2015!
Click here for the 2015 Games schedule that begins with the Open!
Please bring a friend or two and share with them the fun you find in the our community.
Upcoming Day & Time: January 26th | 530pm, 630pm, 730pm
(Members sign up your friend up as FREE Trials in Zen Planner or just email us at email@example.com
It’s FREE, it can’t hurt to try……….. or can it. GET SIGNED UP!!
For Time: The Second Street Run – 50 Thrusters @ 95 lbs., 200 Double-unders
Rules: The teams will race through Second Street (little under a mile) and then back to CrossFit Love. Only when both athletes return to the box will they be allowed start to the 50 thrusters @ 95 lbs. They may perform the rep scheme in any manner they choose, with only one athlete working at time. After the thrusters, they will work on the 200 DU’s again with only one athlete working. Each athlete may only complete 25 DU at time, thus tagging their partner back in.
Points Available: The lowest official time will receive 1 point, the second lowest will receive 2 points. . . so on and so forth.
Location: Start – The Streets, End – The Box
Time: 9:00 a.m. – Heat 1 Start
- 200M Prowler Push @ 180 pounds (the athletes run as a pair, one athlete pushing the sled, one athlete running without, sled trade offs can occur at anytime.)
- 200M MB Run @ 20 lbs. (running again as a pair, one athlete runs with the MB, one athlete running without, MB trade offs can occur at anytime.)
*the sled weight given above does not count in the weight of the sled itself.
Points Available: The lowest official time will receive 1 point, the second lowest time will receive 2 points. . . so on and so forth. Points are awarded for overall time or distance covered at the time cap. The time cap is 3:00.
Location: The Streets of Philadelphia *
Time: 6:05 Heat 1
**A few other worthy notes:
- Registration is from 5:00 p.m. – 530 p.m. on Friday and from 8:00 – 8:30 a.m. on Saturday at the front desk.
- The Chamber will no longer be the site for Workout #2. That event will take place in the main room.
- The food and drinks will be provided at 1p.m. on Saturday. The beer will now be provided by our neighbors at Yards Brewing.
- Bring a close friend or family member(s). Feel free to bring those loved ones in your life who you constantly talk to this about. Have them come check it out! We will have a full pig, grilled chicken and fruit and vegetables for everyone to eat on Saturday.
- Kids – If you have kids that are at all interested, have them come try a workout Saturday at 1 p.m. Cassie, Christine and I will whip them into shape for 30 mins! We are interested in adding a kids program but were looking to gauge it by this response. If it is something the members really want, here is your chance .You can email Joe at joe.petrusky@gmail with questions and to RSVP them for this workout.
- Got a cool, chill dog? Bring them!
- Event #4 time cap is 12:00 mins.
- Feel free to bring food, drinks, or your chiropractor. All contributions are welcomed!
- In the CFL spirit, surely we are going to compete hard and compete to win. But I want the focus of this event to be more so about sense of community. This will give everyone a great chance to meet the other athletes you do not normally train with it. Kick ass, have a great time doing it but compete smart with future training in mind. Don’t sacrifice form for going a bit harder.
- Anyone who wants to volunteer and can at anytime before or during the event please email Joe at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!!!
- Athlete member guests have free entry. Members who attend and do not volunteer or compete must pay $25 at the front desk when you arrive Saturday.
There are a few spots left to compete: http://bit.ly/1kPu3YI -
Its a great idea for level 2 couples and training partners… its not too late!!
TEAM MAX EFFORT CLEAN & JERK
Points Available: The TEAMS will be ranked overall by the combined total weight of their heaviest successful clean and jerks. The highest total will receive 1 point, the second highest total will receive 2 points. . . so on and so forth.
Rules: Each TEAM will be equipped with a men’s bar, two sets of 45 lb. plates, two sets of 10 lb. plates, along with one set of 35’s, 25’s, and 5’s. Each TEAM will have four minutes to complete the combined highest total possible. There are unlimited attempts allowed in the four minutes. However, each unsuccessful lift will constitute in a 10 lb. penalty from your TEAMS overall total.
Location: The Chamber
Time: 7:30PM – 9:00PM
There are a few spots left: http://bit.ly/1kPu3YI
On Thursday September 4th the Philadelphia Founders will take on the Miami Surge in their first and only home match! Lucky for us, the match is only minutes away! It will take place at The Liacouras Center on Broad Street on the Temple University campus. This is just minutes from Center City, Fairmount, and Northern Liberties.
If you’re interested in attending this event, sign up on the bulletin board in the gym. After we have 10 individuals signed up, we’ll host a giveaway of two additional tickets! Let’s get behind our home team and support them in their first match!
Wednesday August 13th, CrossFit Love and the mobility master himself, Nick P, will be hosting Wine-N-Spine from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Enjoy a night of spinal restoration and mobility. Paleo snacks will be provided and everyone is encouraged to bring in their own wine. Sign up on the sheet in the gym…but hurry! Only a few spots left!
CrossFit Love’s “Battle in the Box”
Coming on September 5th and 6th, CrossFit Love is bringing its members its 1st ever in-house, mixed gender, TEAM competition.
CrossFit Love, 941 North Front St., Philadelphia, PA 19123
Friday, September 5th, 2014 from 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Saturday, September 6th, 2014 from 9:00am to 1:00pm
Food, drinks and lawn games to follow! (minus the lawn!)
Cost: $50 per team – The team members need to consist of a m/f combo. the team should also consist of 1 athlete from Level III & 1 athlete from Level II, two level II athletes will also be encouraged to sign up.
The roster is on the bulletin board, please fill it out with your partner. To officially register please have one of your TEAM members pay the entrance fee online: http://bit.ly/1kzTu0s
Here are 10 things you should know about the Competition:
1. Progenex will be in the house and the winning prize packs are amazing.
2. After the event there will be a Tito’s Vodka – lemonade and soda bar.
3. After the event there will be cold Yuengling on tap.
4. The post competition menu will provide . . . .tons of meat & grilled vegetables.
5. You are strongly encouraged to bring your dogs, kids and coolers on Saturday!
6. Free CrossFit Kids workouts will given right after the event! The sign up sheet will go up on the bulletin board!
7. Please feel free to use any open gym times to practice the workouts once they are released.
8. Tip: If your teammate is a stranger, add your email address to the bulletin board roster so your partner can connect with you.
9. We will release the workouts on a rolling basis. One of the workouts will be released when 10 TEAMs are officially registered online. The second when 15 are signed up. The others will be released leading up that competition day.
10. Many details to come. . . .
“Fighters are some of the most well-conditioned and powerful athletes in the world. This is due, in part, to their striking training since punching and kicking with true power, speed and accuracy requires people to utilize their entire body from the ground up. As a consequence, striking is one of the most rudimentary and functional movements that involve the core.”
George Ryan, SWAT Team member and Martial Arts Masters Hall-of-Fame inductee, developed this program in order to help individuals increase their performance in CrossFit by combining it with a fighter’s striking training program.
Some of the many benefits to this course include:
● Achieve a fighter’s fitness level
● Add variety to CrossFit workouts
● Be able to throw proper strikes and combinations, i.e. punch & kick
● Understand the role of the kinetic chain and the posterior chain that
support athletic performance and fighting
● Increase the speed and power of strikes, regardless of experience
● Be able to teach proper striking mechanics to clients
● Safely run a training session involving striking skills and drills
● Teach an essential self-protection skill-set to athletes
● Effectively utilize shadow boxing, focus mitts and a heavy bag
This course will be held at CrossFit Love, 941 N. Front St. Philadelphia, October 18-19.
To learn more and read some frequently asked questions before registering, check out the link below.
MEMBERS: effective immediately there will be a new policy for ‘no-shows’ of the regularly scheduled classes.
You are allowed to miss 1x and after that you will be charged 20$ for every ‘no-show’ without a proper excuse.
There are a number of ways to reach a coach if you feel you need to cancel a session and it is passed the 8 hour mark.
CALL: (267) 687-2858
Many of our classes are filled and we hate to see individuals miss a workout because they were placed on the wait-list when there would have been room for them in a session.
This Saturday, April 5th will be the Philly Spring Cleanup. Following the cleanup, CrossFit Love will be hosting a Paleo Potluck. The 2014 Open is over and the weather is going to be beautiful so anyone who comes out to clean and help out is welcome to join the potluck.
The Spring Cleanup will begin at 9am. We will be cleaning up Front Street and Canal Street, and painting the downstairs.
Level 1 & 2 will be doing CrossFit total all day long if you are interested in that.
Feel free to bring family members, loved ones, or best friends. There is a sign-up in the gym in regards to attendees and foods. Make sure you check it out and write down what you plan to bring. We will have a grill ready so feel free so bring things that may need to be cooked.
1. Beginning April 1st we will be eliminating open gym from 1pm – 4:30 pm. We believe the coaching staff knows best when it comes to getting you the best training possible. We would like to see people in the classes in order to ensure you are getting the most out of your training. The morning open gym times will stay the same because of the closeness in class times.
2. Monday through Thursday at 8pm will be a level 1 session.
3. Assessments and personal training sessions can be made any time a trainer is available. This includes personal training sessions for the fast track option.
SAVE THE DATE:
Saturday April 5th, CrossFit Love will once again, be hosting the Philly Spring Cleanup. We’ll be working on Front Street, Canal Street, and our own backyard, as well as painting the downstairs and fixing up the bathroom. To many people, the gym is almost a second home so let’s all work together to make it as nice as possible.
For all volunteers who join us on Saturday, we will be hosting a Paleo Potluck afterwards! Friends and family are welcome so be sure to mark this one down!
Tomorrow, Peco is working on the building project next to CrossFit Love. They informed us that we will not have power from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Tomorrow's schedule is as follows. 530am - Level 2 630am - Level 2 730am - Level 1 Closed from 830am to 430pm 5pm - Level 2 6pm - Level 2 7pm - Level 3 8pm - Level 1 & On-Ramp Sorry for any mid-day inconvenience.
Spend a full day with Coach Diane Fu of FuBarbell at CrossFit Love in Philadelphia, PA, learning movement progressions and technical drills for improvement in the snatch and clean & jerk. This course is appropriate for coaches, trainers, and athletes of all levels looking to improve upon their own technical proficiency while gaining further understanding of the foundational principals applied in weightlifting. No previous experience with the Olympic lifts is required, but attendees should be reasonably versed with basic strength movements such as those found in CrossFit.
Attendees should be prepared for an active day of practical work separated by brief lectures. Lectures will cover topics ranging from basic mobility to improve Oly positioning, technical details of the lifts, and practical programming for athletes and/or the beginning weightlifter. Attendees will also have the opportunity to perform the snatch and clean & jerk under actual working loads and receive feedback, coaching and corrections from Coach Fu throughout the day.
Get registered: https://fubarbell.pushpress.com/open/subscribe/43hl
10:00 AMRAP of the following:
5 Shoulder to Overhead @ 115 / 75
10 Burpees (over the bar)
15 Power Cleans @ 115 / 75
20 Box jumps @ 24 / 20
(This is the first workout on Sunday)
(Rules and standards kick off at 1030a.m.)
CFL will re-open at 12 noon today.
There will be OPEN GYM from 12 to 5pm.
At 5pm regularly scheduled SESSIONS will resume.
Is it spring yet??
Bring your Friends and Family to any On-ramp, Level 1, or Level 2 session this upcoming weekend!
Get your friends on board!!
All members participating in an on-ramp, level 1, or level 2 class are invited to bring a friend to class! This is your chance to finally show them what they’ve been missing out on and where many of you spend most of your time!