- The Box
- Team GET SOME
- Getting Started
- Members Area
- Find Us
Spend a full day with Coach Diane Fu of FuBarbell at CrossFit Love in Philadelphia, PA, learning movement progressions and technical drills for improvement in the snatch and clean & jerk. This course is appropriate for coaches, trainers, and athletes of all levels looking to improve upon their own technical proficiency while gaining further understanding of the foundational principals applied in weightlifting. No previous experience with the Olympic lifts is required, but attendees should be reasonably versed with basic strength movements such as those found in CrossFit.
Attendees should be prepared for an active day of practical work separated by brief lectures. Lectures will cover topics ranging from basic mobility to improve Oly positioning, technical details of the lifts, and practical programming for athletes and/or the beginning weightlifter. Attendees will also have the opportunity to perform the snatch and clean & jerk under actual working loads and receive feedback, coaching and corrections from Coach Fu throughout the day.
Get registered: https://fubarbell.pushpress.com/open/subscribe/43hl
10:00 AMRAP of the following:
5 Shoulder to Overhead @ 115 / 75
10 Burpees (over the bar)
15 Power Cleans @ 115 / 75
20 Box jumps @ 24 / 20
(This is the first workout on Sunday)
(Rules and standards kick off at 1030a.m.)
CFL will re-open at 12 noon today.
There will be OPEN GYM from 12 to 5pm.
At 5pm regularly scheduled SESSIONS will resume.
Is it spring yet??
Bring your Friends and Family to any On-ramp, Level 1, or Level 2 session this upcoming weekend!
Get your friends on board!!
All members participating in an on-ramp, level 1, or level 2 class are invited to bring a friend to class! This is your chance to finally show them what they’ve been missing out on and where many of you spend most of your time!
Not everyone has signed up for The Open before, so here are some step by step instructions to walk you through if it’s your first time, or if you simply just can’t remember how. Remember, you don’t need to be games bound to sign up for The Open, anyone can, and should, in all levels. This is a great opportunity to push yourself and really see how you stack up! Get on it! Especially you level 2′s!
1. First, head over to games.crossfit.com
2. At the top, click where it says “Register for the 2014 Open”
3. If you’ve signed up already, use your email and password from last year to log in. If not, create an account.
4. Fill out your basic information and agree to the terms and conditions after you’ve read them all.
5. Signing up for the open is $20 so at this point, you are ready to enter your credit card information.
6. You will then be directed to your personal competition page. Choose your affiliate – ‘CrossFit Love.’
7. After you’ve chosen our gym, choose TEAM CrossFit Love.
8. At this point, you can go to your personal page and edit any information you would like to. Feel free to fill out any of your max numbers or benchmark times.
Welcome to The Open!
SATURDAY NOVEMBER 2, 2013 CrossFit Defense at CrossFit Love
Located at 941 N Front Street, Please arive at 8.30am for check-in.
Members, a few important updates!
- Beginning next week there will be an Level 2 Class at 1pm.
- Mondays and Fridays will have a Level 1 class at 7:30pm.
- If you have not taken advantage of the mobility and gynmnastics sessions on Sunday mornings you should try them out! Mobility and recovery is crucial to everybody’s training so sign up and get supple! There is always plenty of time to work any specific concerns you may have as well. While you’re there check out the 9:30am gymnastics class. These skills carry over in so many aspects of training and can really benefit everyone!
Coach Tony Blauer is coming to CrossFit Love! The CrossFit Defense seminar is November 2nd and you still have time to sign up! Not sure why you should?
First, check out the email above Tony received just 48 hours after one of his previous seminars.
Not convinced? Check out this video to understand why this course is so simple, effective, and applicable to your life.
SIGN UP HERE http://bit.ly/18cmkwD
Here is a quick list of news and notes:
1. The gym’s first session is at 530 am, the opening trainer will be there by 5am to open and get set up. Please use that time wisely.
2. There are now two LV1 options on Saturday 930am and 1030am.
3. We are now open on Sundays. There will be speciality sessions on these days. Unlimited members are free to attend these sessions, its a $20 drop-in fee for everyone else.
4. The 12 athlete per session cap will be upheld daily, so if you are not signed in or are on the wait list you can not participate in that session. You will be kindly asked to leave for that session time.
5. You may only come 15 mins before your session. This is not true IF your session is preceded by open gym time. If you do come early, be warned that you will be asked to stay out of the main gym area until your time is up.
6. Soooo you want to pick up HEAVY stuff!? The Strongman / Strong(wo)man sessions are for both genders. Enjoy keg tosses, tire flips, sledgehammer work, heavy walks and prowler fun!!
7. Can’t string together your butterfly pullups? Want consecutive MUs? The Gymnastics sessions are about advancing technically in gymnastics not getting a heart pounding w.o.d.
8. Here is the new gym phone number:
9. You may only attend 1, WE REPEAT, 1 session per day.
— Enough with the rules, tomorrow we are posting the fall seminar calendar!!
Welcome to the NEXT LEVEL:
Brendan Cottman – Jacquelyn Kakaleciak – Nick Perugini – Brandon Segal – Orin Clybourn (You are all welcome to attend Level 2 sessions)
Also welcome Raymond Cywinski & Nicole Lewis to our level 2 program! They are strong competitors and will make a welcome addition to the TEAM.
A few notes from your coaches:
The 4th of July class schedule is now up on Zen Planner. Check it out and make sure to sign in for class!
Also, beginning July 8th, there will be some changes in the AM and PM class times.
-AM classes will now be held at 5:30, 6:30, & 7:30 for all levels
-PM classes will be all levels at 4:00, level 1 at 5:00, and level 2 at 6:00
Sports massage can help you be ready for physical activity and reach your peak performance. With regular sports massage, you can avoid injury and reduce your body’s recovery time, and perform your best.
Sports massage is different from a typical full body massage. The therapists will incorporate a wide variety of massage modalities and techniques to meet the need of the athlete. Each session will focus on the muscles used for a specific physical activity. It may be more vigorous than most massages, and could incorporate guided stretching.
- Pre Event: Receiving a sports massage prior to your workout or athletic event can loosen your muscles. By combining sports massage with stretching the muscles will be warmed up and ready for intense activity.
- Post Event: After the event sports massage can reduce recovery time, prevent muscle soreness and stiffness, and alleviate pain.
- Maintenance: Received regularly sports massage reduces the occurrence of injury, increases physical performance and allows you to perform your best.
Gina will be available full-time starting this Monday April 22nd. She will be available for:
- 30 minute sessions are 50$
- 60 minute sessions are 80$
- 90 minutes sessions are 90$
- packages are available; inquire with Joe, Dave or Gina.
To schedule a session email gina: firstname.lastname@example.org or book online through ZP.
If you have any questions please email joe or gina directly.
Please join me and CF Love in our Front St. Revitalization project, its this Saturday 4.13 at 9am, right at CF Love.
Our goal is to clean up the area all around the gym, front and back along with Front St. This is our gym, our neighborhood. A second home from some of you. Let’s make it look like that!
CrossFit Love is now listed as an official pick-up location on the Custom Fit Meals website! We are excited to have CFM on board. My sample meals were delicious and the large portions are all at least 1lb pound. The food quality is what we are looking for as well, no meats and chickens pumped for of hormones! It really is a perfect for us!! The first ordering deadline will be this coming Tuesday (3/19/13) at 11:59pm, with your first delivery will taking place the weekend of 3/23/13 (and those meals being available for pick-up on Monday, 3/25/13).
If you are an active CrossFit Love member you are welcome to try
1 FREE meal on the house!! Just email Joe >>> email@example.com for yours! The deadline is March 3.18.13
All customer orders are placed online at www.CustomFitMeals.com. This process is as simple as creating an account, building your menu, and paying for your order. There are NO contracts or commitments and orders can be placed on a weekly basis as needed. Orders must be submitted by midnight on Tuesday to receive meals for the following week of service.
Delivery & Customer Pick-up
Once a customer has placed an order by our (midnight) Tuesday deadline, their meals will be available for pick-up the following week. If the customer is unable to pick up their meals during the scheduled pick-up times, they may do so during your location’s normal business hours the following day. Any meals not picked up by the next scheduled delivery date will be discarded.
All meals will be safely delivered via our refrigerated and health department-inspected vehicles and then stored in our refrigerated cooler on-site. When the meals are delivered, a delivery sheet will be placed inside of the CFM binder at the front desk. The delivery sheet will detail the customer names, their shelf number, a delivery confirmation, and a place for them to sign for their order. When the customer arrives to pick up their meals, they will check in at the front desk and sign for their meals. The key to the cooler will be located inside of the CFM binder.
2nd Pick-up: Thursday 6am – 8:30pm
Also, here is a 20% off discount code your members
can use when placing their first order: LOVE
On April, 20th bring your friends, family members and even your enemies to come train with CrossFit Love! We will meet at 9am at The Art Museum.
WE WANT EVERYONE TO COME!
Our team would love to see upwards of a 100 participants at this event. So I expect to see on-rampers, randoms, and friends! Bring your dog!
COME GET SOME!
The season is upon us. For those who are new to Love, this week marks the start of “The Open,” a five week international online CrossFit competition. It’s a chance to see how you stack up against the rest of the world.
Every Wednesday, from March 6 to April 3, an Open workout is posted on the CrossFit Games website. Each week, all of our competitors have until 8pm EST Sunday to complete the workout and post their score online. If you do not post your score for one week, then you are automatically disqualified from the competition.
Our Open session schedule will look like this for five weeks:
- Thursday @ 9:30am, 12pm and 6:30pm. (For those not competing, we encourage you to join us and help cheer on the team!)
- Sat @ 11am (Our regular sessions will be at 9am and 10am.)
- Sun @ 11am (this is per need basis, 3rd attempts will be kept to a minimum.)
At the end of the five weeks, our Open’s top ranked athletes ranked in the Mid-Atlantic region will move on to the the second stage of the competition — Regionals. Only the top 48 male and female athletes along with top 30 teams will advance to compete at Regionals. So if it all goes as planned we will be off to Landover, MD! From there only three men, women, and teams will advance to the CrossFit Games!
EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGED TO SIGN UP regardless of your level of experience. It’s about the TEAM. Click here to make it happen.
In gym notes:
~ the programming will consistent of lesser of a weightlifting concentration (less volume and load) and we will switch to a heavy gymnastics technique emphasis.
~ mobility and recovery will be a heavy emphasis. you’ll be surprised how much you can improve with real recovery.
~the overall volume will be low from Monday to Wednesday then we will compete hard until that week is over and accomplished.
~come cheer and cheer hard. I want the gym to really enjoy the next five weeks. make it a positive experience for everyone!
There are a number of TEAM members who have trained day in and day out for this. Be supportive and stay positive through the up and downs. Stay prepared, come with energy and will continue to improve through the season. Work together as a TEAM and give it 100%, that’s all I ever ask. Stay strong minded and lets do this.
NOTE TO ALL YOU SUPPLE LEOPARDS:
Our Friday mobility is cancelled for tomorrow at 1030am.
Sorry to all those who wanted to get supple.
I am organizing two mob sessions for next week.
Stay tuned for that.
Schedule Changes for Jan:
Tues at 7pm will now be an on-ramp session, starting this Tuesday 1.22.13
Schedule Changes for Feb:
The new schedule will be up by the weekend. Expect some changes!!!